25 + Affirmations For Perfectionists To Stop Overthinking
Are you a perfectionist?
Do you feel like everything you do needs to be perfect? Even when you are being imperfect? There are people out there who enjoy perfection but also have an acceptance of things that don’t turn out to be perfect.
But perfectionists are not one among them. They need everything to be just perfect, nothing less or more than what they are looking for. Perfectionism can ruin your life in more ways than one.
Some realize on time that being a perfectionist is not always good. But some have to walk through broken glass to understand that. Flexible perfectionism might just work but being a hell-bent perfectionist will only take away your mental peace making you go insane.
It’s better late than never! If you have realized that being a perfectionist is not doing any good to you, it’s time you start working on not letting the perfectionistic thought haunt you.
And I know what can help you with just that, AFFIRMATIONS!
Why Should I Try Affirmations?
Affirmations for perfectionists can help in countering the negative thoughts of perfectionism. They are a way of telling yourself that you are enough and you can control everything. Affirmations are like the angel in you telling you what to do.
Affirmations act as gentle reminders that your perfectionist attitude is only making things hard for you. If you are a fan of journaling, these perfectionism affirmations can also act as journaling prompts. These affirmations can also be used as grounding phases to help you relax when you feel overwhelmed.
You can use positive affirmation to deal with the feeling of inadequacy that perfectionism brings along with it. Affirmations are a way of telling yourself and the universe that you are perfect the way you are.
Here are some positive affirmations for perfectionists that can help you in dealing with the negative and self-detrimental thoughts…
List Of Positive Affirmations For Perfectionists
- My mental and physical well-being is more important than my projects
- I will give myself the space to make mistakes
- Every mistake is a lesson learned
- I will enjoy the journey and not focus on the destination
- Excellence and perfection are two different things
- I am more than my achievements & failure
- People will love me even when I am not perfect
- It’s unrealistic to want perfection in everything
- It’s okay to have boundaries and say no
- I can accept others in their imperfect ways
- I will be flexible while pursuing goals
- I am capable of adjusting to my disappointment
- I am not supposed to control everything
- I will give myself time to recharge
- I will focus on completing my work and not on perfection
Affirmations For Feelings Of Inadequacy
- My achievements don’t define my worth
- My failures are new opportunities for growth
- Everyone makes mistakes, it’s okay
- I am human, I do not always have to be perfect
- Flaws are not signs of inadequacy
- I am doing my best and that’s enough
- I need to be real and not perfect for my relationship to work
- I have opinions and they matter to me
- I love and accept myself the way I am
- I am worthy of respect even when I’m not perfect
- I trust others, I don’t have to do everything
- It’s okay to relax when you are tired
- Asking to help makes me feel even stronger
- My recreational time is a necessary part of my life
- I am imperfect and I accept myself
How Can Perfectionism Affirmations Help Me?
Affirmations can help you with almost anything. Affirmations not only help you cope with negative thoughts but they help you build confidence in yourself that you lost a long time ago. They make you realize that it’s not worth putting your energy into making things happen. Life is unpredictable and things will happen on their own.
Affirmations for perfectionism will help you navigate through intense negative emotions and thoughts. Your perfectionist needs will trap you in a room full of mirage, you will always feel like there is scope for better.
These affirmations for perfectionists can help you fight the cognitive distortion that perfectionism has generated in you. Using these affirmations you can remind yourself to not run behind perfectionism. These are best to combat the haunting thoughts of perfectionism.
That’s All Folks!
I hope you found this blog about affirmations for perfectionists interesting and helpful. If you are someone who is a perfectionist, these affirmations are just for you. Do give them a try because I’m sure you will feel better after using them.
Thanks for reading.
Take care and stay positive!