50+ Sleep Affirmations For A Deep And Restful Sleep!
We often overlook the importance of wellness and mindfulness in keeping our mental well-being strong. As adults, we have a thousand things to worry about in our hectic days, and we tend to put simple things like a good night’s rest, mindfulness, and wellness into the back of our minds. Believe it or not, this move can have consequences and add to the already increasing stress in our lives.
I can’t say about you, but I’ve struggled with getting a restful sleep in the last few years. While I’ve tried sleep meditation (and it worked), I still struggle from time to time. So, keeping that in mind, I decided to give sleep affirmations a try, and guess what? It works!
Whether you’re struggling with anxiety, insomnia, nighttime stress, or anything that makes it hard for you to fall asleep, sleep affirmations before bed can be a good approach to try. In the last few years, I’ve decided to put more focus on my sleep routine – including what kind of food I eat for dinner, what skin care routines I follow, and what I listen to before bed.
With time, I realized that maintaining a healthy sleep routine helped me fix my sleep issues somewhat. Doing sleep meditation, gentle movement exercises before bed, and even writing in a journal helped me a lot during my experimental days.
In recent times, I’ve heard a lot about sleep affirmations before bed and how they can help stop the cycle of excessive thoughts, overthinking, and rumination while promoting healthy and restful sleep.
In this article, I’ve compiled a list of 50+ sleep affirmations that you can use to catch a good night’s rest and wake up feeling refreshed and confident. Before we get to sleep affirmations, let’s take a look at what bedtime affirmations are and do they work.
What Are Sleep Affirmations?
Sleep affirmations or bedtime affirmations are short quotes, phrases, words, or mantras – like your regular affirmations – that you can say to yourself or write down in your sleep journal to put your mind in a state of mental peace and let go of all negative thoughts that you’ve accumulated during your day.
These sleep affirmations help you focus on your positive thoughts, let go of daily stress, and prepare your mind (and body) for restful sleep.
But, can sleep affirmations work while we sleep?
YES! Putting positive energy into your environment – through thoughts, affirmations, phrases, or quotes – can stimulate your mind and physical surroundings positively. When we’re sleeping, our minds are in a subconscious state where they are always working. All the thoughts we’ve had in our day are played out in our subconscious state in the way of dreams.
Dreams are a direct result of our state of mind, thoughts, and experiences. If you go to sleep with negativity in your mind, you’ll experience nightmares and will have a fitful sleep. You’ll wake up exhausted too. But if you go to sleep with positive thoughts and mindset, you’ll be better rested in the morning and will have a restful sleep.
Here are some of the best sleep affirmations you can try before bed to catch up on that restful Zzzs.
Sleep Affirmations To Try Before Bed
For General Rest
- I am calm and peaceful.
- I am ready to rest.
- I am relaxed and happy.
- I am grateful for my daily experiences.
- I look forward to a soothing rest.
- I did well today, and I am going to sleep with a calm mind.
- I deserve a good night’s rest.
- I feel less stressed now that I am done for the day.
- All is well and I am grateful.
- My body feels right and ready for sleep.
- I am allowing positive energy into my environment.
- I choose to fill my mind with healing and positive energies.
- I welcome sleep with each calming breath I take.
- I am safe where I am.
- I am opening my heart to compassion and kindness.
- I am at ease as I sleep.
- I am proud of what I accomplished today.
Positive Affirmations Before Sleep
- My happiness increases with my sleep.
- It is easy to have a soothing sleep.
- My mind is at peace.
- I am letting go of all the tension as I go to bed.
- I am relaxed.
- I am thankful.
- I breathe calmly, slowly, and deeply.
- I feel grateful for my bedroom, myself, and the day I had.
- I deserve to feel good.
- I did my best today and I know this.
- I welcome sleep and embrace the stillness.
- I allow myself to heal as a lay my head for a rest.
- I love the relationship I have with my sleep.
For Deep Sleep
- I am at peace as I finish my day.
- I am happy with myself.
- I love myself.
- I allow the stillness of sleep to enter my mind.
- My heart and mind are relaxed.
- Everything feels right as I lay my head for a rest.
- I am happy about this rest.
- I am content, happy, and grateful for the day I had and for the sleep I’m about to get.
- Sleep is easy for me.
- I am getting a peaceful sleep.
- Sleep will help refresh my mind and body.
- I am sleeping deeply and calmly.
- I am ready for a restful sleep.
- My dreams are happy and positive.
Good Night Affirmations
- I know I did my best during the day.
- I can feel myself relaxing at this moment.
- I am choosing to relax as I sleep.
- I will sleep well and dream about positive things.
- I deserve this rest.
- I am enough, and I am worthy of a good night’s rest.
- I deserve peace and stillness as I sleep.
- I am ready to sleep and to give my mind a way to refresh.
- I am welcoming sleep.
- I feel grateful for today’s experiences.
- I am focusing on the now and not on the past.
- I choose to lay my body down for a restful sleep.
- Sleep will help me heal.
- I choose to sleep with a peaceful mind.
- I embrace sleep with every calming breath I take.
- This is the best time for me to be with myself.
- I am choosing to focus on my surroundings and not on the outside world.
- I allow myself to pause and reflect on the goodness of the day.
- I am excited about tomorrow.
- I believe that I will have a good day tomorrow.
- I am thankful for the opportunities and lessons I have learned today and promise to do better tomorrow.
Sleep is an integral part of our well-being. Ignoring a peaceful and restful sleep can make us cranky and irritable the next day. To wake up feeling refreshed and confident, these sleep affirmations can help. Try these simple yet effective sleep affirmations before bed each night and see how your life changes for the better with each sunrise.
I hope these sleep affirmations will bring you the same peace and calm they did to me. Try them out and let us know how these positive sleep affirmations worked for you by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping a message in our DM on social media.
You can also share your favorite sleep affirmations in the comments below! We’re always happy to hear from you.
Take Care and Sleep Well!