You Exhibit Narcissistic Traits
It seems like you might not be the most empathetic person around. You put yourself above others, no matter what, and at times, it can create some strain on your relationships. You are happy with how things are and with how you are and that’s great for you! You can always work on your empathetic skills with some practice and power!
All you have to do is:
- Practice active listening skills with others
- Try to put yourself in others’ shoes to understand their perspective a little
- Engage in acts of kindness and volunteering. It’ll help you open your horizons
- And most importantly, learn from others. Allow yourself to be open to constructive feedback for a better understanding of being an empath
You Have A Mix of Both Traits
You might not be an empath, but you don’t lack any empathetic traits either. Good for you! You are the one who’s always there for your dear ones, but at times, your sensitivity might work against you. And we get it, others’ feelings are not always comfortable, after all. With a kind heart and an empathetic soul, you are someone who others are pleased to have around.
If you’d like to work on your empathy skills, then you can:
- Step out of your comfort zone – accept that you can’t always help others feel better
- Spend time with others to understand their perspectives and worries
- Find a community or a group that resonates with you and your experiences
You Show Empath Traits
Empathy, for you, is a mix of a blessing and a curse. You have a strong, kind, and yet sensitive heart and soul. You work hard and with quiet dedication to make others happy and their lives a little better, one emotion at a time. But, this also puts you in a difficult position. You can’t help but feel and live with others’ feelings. While we appreciate your kind heart and soul, it can be burdensome on your empathetic heart to see others struggling.
To ease this distress, you can:
- Spend time with people who genuinely care about you
- Learn to set boundaries and say “NO” where it matters
- Take care of yourself. Feeling others’ emotions is hard work and we don’t want you to end up feeling burnout, do we?
- Don’t be afraid to speak up when you need to take a break from helping others. You need to be well to care for others, right?