“Why Am I So Insecure?” Here’s How To Stop Being Insecure
Insecurity is one of the worst feelings to experience. We all have been there, that phase where insecurity just over took our attention and began governing our thoughts. It’s completely okay to feel insecure once in a while, provided you know how to deal with insecurities.
“Why am I so insecure?”
“How to Stop Being insecure?”
“ Why am I so insecure in my relationships?”
“How to stop feeling needy and insecure?”
Have you been struggling with such thoughts or your insecurities are weighing you down? If yes, you have come to the right place. Today we will be addressing similar concerns like “why am i so insecure?” and how to stop feelings of insecurity?
Shall we get started?
Okay, so first things first, let’s understand the reasons behind why someone begins to feel insecure in the first place. You can’t find the solution if you don’t know what is aiding your problem. Let’s get some answers…
Reason for “Why Am I So Insecure?”
Reason 1: Fear of failure or rejection
The fear of rejection or fear of failure can be one of the reasons behind you feeling insecure about yourself. Sometimes a recent experience of rejection or failure can also make you feel insecure. You are so preoccupied with the thought of rejection and fear that you undermine your capabilities.
Reason 2: Perfectionism
Perfectionism can actually make you feel more insecure than perfect. You see, a perfectionist wants to be the best at everything they attempt. Now, is that always possible? I don’t think so! There will be times when you’ll not be perfect and that’s completely alright. But, to a perfectionist, not being perfect gives rise to some insecurities about themselves, they feel like they aren’t good enough.
Reason 3: Low Confidence
Being confident in doing whatever that you participate in, makes you even better at it. Now, sometimes in certain situations, confidence goes down because of how certain events turn out to be. This lack of confidence can give rise to insecurities because you start doubting yourself and your abilities.
Reason 4: Harsh Self-criticism
We all criticize our performance, behavior, action, thoughts and what not all the time. Sometimes we can be a little too harsh being a self-critic that we literally give birth to our insecurities. You show no compassion or kindness towards your own self and that just feeds your insecurities.
How To Stop Being Insecure?
Now that you know where that insecurity is coming from and I hope now you know why you’ve been so insecure. Just knowing what might have been making you feel insecure is not enough, you must learn how to deal with feelings of insecurity as well.
Here’s what you can do;
- Build your self-worth: don’t be too harsh on yourself, tell yourself you can be good enough even when things don’t turn out the way you wished them to. Affirm your own value, think of the things that you are good at rather than focusing on your weaknesses.
- Put yourself first: you cannot always make others happy, it’s not your job to do so. You will not be a bad friend if you choose to take care of yourself. Don’t beat yourself up for unnecessary
- Practice acceptance: our life usually doesn’t turn out the way we expect it to so widen your spectrum and practice acceptance, especially towards your own self. Love yourself even on the darkest of days.
- Question your negative thought: this is very important, whenever insecure thoughts begin to trouble you, start challenging them and look for a logical explanation to why you are feeling insecure. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Invest your time in people who care about you: there are many people who will test your patience and make you feel smaller and insecure. Cut all the toxic people out of your life and try to spend time with people who really love you.
- Engage in activities you enjoy: the best way to deal with insecurities is to do things you really enjoy and are good at. It will not only increase your self confidence and self worth but will also boost your level of happiness and will make you feel secure.
That’s All Folks!
I hope this blog answers all your questions about “why am I so insecure?” & “How to stop feelings of insecurity?” If we helped you deal with your insecurities, share this blog with your friends and family so that no one feels insecure about themselves and even if they do, they’ll know how to deal with feeling insecure.
Thanks for reading.
Take care and stay safe.