Mental Wellness Month, January 2023! 8 Ways To Do It Right
Did you know the first month of every year is dedicated to mental wellness? January is known as national mental wellness month. It is dedicated to spreading awareness about mental health conditions and how we should all focus on improving our mental wellness.
The worst blue Monday is considered to be the third Monday in January. It is the time when you are completely out of your holiday zone and the consequences of your holiday spree begin to surface.
It is also the time when most resolutions come to an end and people are reviewing their credit card bills or dealing with seasonal depression, etc. This year let’s ditch the Monday blues and make an effort to improve our mental wellness.
Being able to celebrate mental wellness month in January is a blessing in disguise. All you need is to be aware and mindful of your resolutions and set your priorities straight. We are here to help you do just that.
Here are 8 simple ways to celebrate national mental wellness month, January 2023…
8 Ways To Celebrate Mental Wellness Month January
Mental wellness does not talk about heavy mental health issues. Mental wellness is all about general mental well-being. It focuses on basic things that strengthen your mental abilities and makes you a better individual.
Just like physical exercise is good for physical wellness, mental exercises are good for mental wellness too. These exercises do not specifically target any mental health condition but look after your overall mental well-being.
Let’s look at some ways you can improve your mental well-being…
1. Meditate regularly: meditation is a very good way to become aware of yourself and come in contact with your inner self. It helps you understand your emotions and feelings and positively navigates your energy.
2. Focus on the positives: this mental wellness month 2023 let’s shift our focus from the dark phase of our life to all the positive things in life. No matter how difficult your life may seem, remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Focus on positive things and life and work on empowering yourself and the people around you.
3. Never forget to take a break: this January 2023 let’s pledge to allow ourselves to take a break. Taking a break is very important because it gives you time to regain the lost energy and come back even stronger.
4. Always choose the active path: staying active is very important for your mental and physical wellness. Mental wellness month 2023 has given allowed us about how important our well-being is and staying active is one way to improve our mental wellness. Choose stairs over left, exercise regularly, engage in regular mental exercise, etc.
5. Give time to your friends and family: having a strong support system is very important to lead a healthy life. But you can’t expect them to be there for you and not return their love. Always dedicate some time to your friends and family and make them feel loved. The support and strength that you get from your friends and family are the strongest.
6. Learn stress management techniques: stress is one of the leading causes of mental and physical distress and unrest. Make sure you learn some stress management techniques so that you can deal with stressful situations without damaging your mental wellness. This mental wellness month should be the first month of your stress-free life.
7. Take care of your body: your body is your temple, learn to take good care of it. Eat well, sleep well, and exercise regularly. If your body is fit, your mind is going to be fitter. Taking care of your body is the best way to improve your mental wellness. Begin taking care of your body from today onwards, you’re never too old and it’s never too late.
8. Talk about mental wellness: the more we openly talk about mental health issues and the importance of mental wellness the more people will be encouraged to improve their mental well-being. Mental wellness month should completely be dedicated to mental health awareness and strategies to improve mental wellness.
That’s All Folks!
I hope you found this blog about mental wellness month 2023 interesting, informative, and thought-provoking. January has just begun and you’re never too late to focus on your mental wellness.
Let’s make this mental wellness month all about improving ourselves and spreading awareness about mental health issues and the importance of improving mental wellness.
Thanks for reading.
Take care and stay safe.