Mudras & Mantras to Balance & Awaken Your Chakras
Did you know our body has 7 energy centers?
Our body has 7 energy centers that receive and radiate energy. These centers are generally called the 7 chakras. In Sanskrit “chakra” translates to “wheels.” They throughout our body from the root of our spine to the crown of our head. The energy received and radiated by them has an influence on our emotions, physical and mental health. Not only this the imbalance of these chakras or energy centers can influence our overall well-being.
So, if you are looking for ways to cleanse and balance your chakras here are the mudras and mantras that will help you with the same. That’s not it! We are also sharing with you affirmations to balance chakras along with a chakra meditation video.
What are The 7 Chakras Chant?
Each chakra gets activated, cleansed, and balanced through a particular Bija Mantra. But before we learn these mantras let us first understand what Bija Mantra is and how it is helpful.
Bija Mantra: Bija means seed. Bija mantras are one-syllable seed sounds that are meant to be said aloud. These mantras further activate the energy of the chakras, purifies and cleanse them. Bija mantras also balance our mind, body, and soul.
Time to check which Bija Mantras centers around which chakra and resonate the energy around that chakra:
|Chakra- I (Muladhara)||Root||“LAM”|
|Chakra- II (Svadhisthana)||Sacral/Navel||“VAM”|
|Chakra- III (Manipura)||Solar Pelux||“RAM”|
|Chakra- IV (Anahata)||Heart||“YAM”|
|Chakra- V (Vishuddha)||Throat||“HAM”|
|Chakra- VI (Ajna)||Third Eye/Brow||“OM” or “AUM”|
|Chakra- VII (Sahasrara)||Crown||“SO-HAM”|
How to Chant Bija Mantra?
By now you know which mantra activates and resonates energy let us see how to chant them.
- Find a comfortable place.
- Use a tone that is natural and comfortable for you.
- Next, chant the mantra by dividing it into two sounds. Like for Lam you have to say “La-um.”
- You can start at the base (root chakra) and move to the top (crown chakra) or start and end alternatively.
- Most importantly, practice it mindfully and actively listen to your body and the sounds.
Now to make the most out of these chakras it is advised you chant them in a particular mudra. Each chakra and chant has a specific mudra for it. Let us see which mudra will cleanse which chakra of yours.
Mudras to Cleanse and Balance Chakras
To amplify the impact of these mantras and awaken your chakras it is advised that you take the particular mudras.
Mudras: Mudras are special hand positions that send energy to our particular chakra points. Each finger of our hand is also associated with one of the five universal elements.
- Fire- The thumb relates to the fire element, connected to the solar plexus chakra.
- Air- The index finger represents the air element, connected to the heart chakra.
- Space- The middle finger represents the space element, connected to the throat chakra.
- Earth- The ring finger represents the earth element, connected to the root chakra.
- Water- The pinky finger represents the water element, connected to the sacral chakra.
Mudras direct the flow of energy.
1. Mudra To Awaken Muladhara Chakra
Put your hands on the knees with your arms straight. Touch your and index fingers. Now chant LAM.
2. Mudra To Awaken Svadhisthana Chakra
Put your hands on top of each other with your palms up and place them in the center of your lap. The left hand should be underneath your right one and the tips of the thumb touch gently. Then chant VAM.
3. Mudra To Awaken Manipura Chakra
Place your hands in front of your stomach (slightly above the navel and below the heart). Let the fingers join at the tops, all pointing away from you, and thumbs crossing over. Chant the mantra RAM.
4. Mudra To Awaken Anahata Chakra
Take your right hand, touch the tip of your index finger with the thumb. Place it in front of the center point of your chest. Put your left hand on your left knee. Now chant YAM.
5. Mudra To Awaken Vishuddha Chakra
Criss-cross your right-hand fingers with the left-hand ones (without thumbs). Pull your thumbs slightly up and let their tops touch. Chant HAM in this mudra.
6. Mudra To Awaken Ajna Chakra
Place your hands before the lower part of your chest. The middle fingers are straight, touching the tips, and pointing forward. Bend the other fingers and let them join at the first bend. The thumb tips will be joined and pointing toward you. Chant the mantra OM or AUM.
7. Mudra To Awaken Sahasrara Chakra
Put your hands right in front of your stomach. With your ring finger pointing up and touching the tops, cross the rest of your fingers. Chant SO-HAM.
When performed the right way you will see these Mudras working their magic. Just try and seal a mudra for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Affirmations To Free Your Chakras
Apart from reciting mantras, you can free your chakras through these affirmations as well.
- Root Chakra Affirmation: I am stable, strong, and at peace.
- Sacral Chakra Affirmation: Creativity is flowing through me.
- Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmation: Sometimes letting go is the most empowering choice.
- Heart Chakra Affirmation: Giving equals receiving.
- Throat Chakra Affirmation: My words are like seeds.
- Third Eye Chakra Affirmation: I am open to new ideas.
- Crown Chakra Affirmation: I surrender to the highest and best that seeks to emerge through me.
Chakra Meditation Video Curated Just For You By Calm Sage:
Time to establish peace within!
Do try these mantras, mudras, affirmations, and the meditation video to balance and cleanse your chakras. Don’t forget to share your experience with us!
Good luck with your journey of healing…
You May Like These Also: