Busting 9 Myths About Success + Quick Tips to be Successful
Just stop for a moment and think about what success in life looks like to you. Do you see yourself in a top-floor office looking at the skyline of your city? Or do you see yourself attending TED Talks, delivering motivational messages to youngsters? Is this what success looks like to you?
We often forget that not everyone’s success looks the same. A high-earning entrepreneur might be working from a small shared office space and yet be one of the successful persons you know. Success comes in many forms, however, there are preconceived assumptions about success that stops us from celebrating success.
In this blog, we’ll be busting some of the common myths about success that many of us still believe in and how you can become a successful person, despite what others might think about your ways of success in life.
9 Myths About Success Explained
Myth #1: Success Means Money
One of the most common myths about success is that only money can measure success. Despite what others may say or believe, success does not mean money. It’s a rewarding experience that has nothing to do with how much money you earn. Success can be measured in empathy, kindness, and compassion too. Won’t you agree if I say that a couple who’s been in a happy relationship for decades is successful? Think about it!
Myth #2: Success In Life Will Make You Feel Better About Yourself
Many people try to measure success with their well-being, thinking that if they succeed or reach the top, they’ll feel better about themselves. It’s never that. Success is not in reaching the top, but it’s in seeing people around you succeed and helping them feel successful.
Myth #3: You Need To Spend An Excessive Amount Of Time Before You Succeed
Now while you need to dedicate some time to important things, you don’t have to spend excessive amounts of time. You might need to prioritize your work above other things, but that doesn’t mean that you need to stop all other activities. It’s not about how much time you dedicate to your work but how you utilize your time toward your goals.
Myth #4: Success Is Forever
Another misconception about success that people seem to have been that success lasts forever. It doesn’t. No one in the world does not experience failure, loss, or even disappointment. And all this can come after you’ve succeeded too. Change is the only constant in life and this applies to success as well.
Myth #5: Only Extroverts Can Succeed
Trust me, you don’t have to be an extrovert to become a successful person. No matter your personality, you can succeed. Even antisocial people can be successful in life. Your success is not limited to your personality type. So don’t let myths about success like these stop you from reaching your dreams.
Myth #6: Your Success Depends On Your Education And Economic Background
Having a degree does not define success either! When you’re surrounded by positive people who support you emotionally and financially can also help you in your success. Many successful people such as Oprah came from poor economic backgrounds and yet are successful beyond measure today. Singer Ed Sheeran, a school dropout, is successful without a degree. So, anything is possible!
Myth #7: You Have To Be Ruthless If You Want To Succeed In Life
Another myth about success is that you have to be ruthless and put others down before you can be successful. Truthfully, it’s confidence, focus, leadership abilities, and a strong work ethic that makes you successful, not your attitude toward others.
Myth #8: Success In Life Depends On Luck
Successful people are lucky because they know what opportunities would make them lucky. Luck, in truth, has nothing to do with your success. What actions you take and what opportunities you allow increase your chances of success. It could be a lucky break too, but luck is not a factor when it comes to success.
Myth #9: There’s Always A Time For Success
Anyone, at any point in time, can be successful. There’s no time limit to be successful. If you fulfill your goals and reach your dream earlier than most, then good for you! But, if it takes you decades to do so, then it’s OK too! Success in later years comes with wisdom and knowledge, so you know you’re not behind. Just keep working until you succeed.
Quick Tips To Achieve Success In Life!
Want to be a successful person in life? Follow these quick tips to achieve success in life!
1. Define what success means to you. Your success depends on what you value, what your goals are, and what success looks like to you. Don’t measure your standards of success with others but make your own.
2. Focus on the journey and not the destination. Success is a process that needs to be treasured and celebrated. No one is born successful, and it’s only hard work that brings you closer to your goals. So, keep your focus on the process and not the result.
3. Never feel like you need to do everything on your own. You can do it alone but you don’t have To achieve success, you can work with a mentor or a coach who can help you form your ideas and dreams into reality.
4. Work on your goals and dream every day. Be consistent with your progress. Try to spend at least 30 minutes a day improving your growth. Even a small step should be celebrated. Keep working to keep growing.
5. Don’t focus too much on the future so that you lose sight of your present. No one can predict the future so spending time thinking about what could happen is not helpful. Live in the present and enjoy each moment. Appreciate where you are now.
6. Don’t waste your time searching for the “right moment”. Begin your journey now. Consider every moment the right moment. You’ll notice that once you start, it’s all about improving and appreciating the journey toward success.
7. Keep in mind that success should not be measured in money but in happiness. It’s all about finding your purpose in life, earning satisfaction, and keep improving your growth. Money is important, but it should not be a measure of your success.
8. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Your strengths are what will make you a successful person so play with them. Make sure you try new things, expand your knowledge, and keep an open mind when challenges arise.
9. Never think that it’s too late to start working on your goals and dreams. Success is not something you are too late to achieve. It’s OK if you don’t succeed in your 20s and 30s. As long as you don’t give up, you will one day succeed in life.
10. While success can bring you a sense of accomplishment, it’s not the only thing in life. Along with your dreams, focus on what lies beyond them. Don’t give up on your relationships with your loved ones to achieve success. Take care of yourself, your needs, and your well-being too.
“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ~ Margaret Thatcher
Success is never too far out of your reach. All you need to do is extend your hand and reach for it. I hope this blog helped you understand the truths about success. Myths about success can never help anyone, so share this blog with your friends and coworkers to help them realize the truth behind success too.
For more, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on social media. You can also comment with your thoughts and success tips below.