Slime Therapy For Stress: How Much Slime Is Too Much Slime?
Whenever you think about slime, which impression does it give you in the first place…sticky, cold, glittery, smooth, and runny? To me, whenever I think about slime, it feels like a stress-relieving thing coming inside. Yes, slime is therapeutic. Slime therapy can be used as a stress-reliever toy.
And yes, I am talking about playing slime. Apart from playing, slime has therapeutic benefits as well. The fact is slime makes you less frazzled and overwhelmed instantly. and the most important benefit of slime therapy is that you don’t have to visit a therapist, you can do slime therapy at home or anywhere you want like office, cafe, traveling, and while listening to music, etc.
Trust me, slime balances it all…stress, anxiety, mental pressure, and more! I can make tons of slime and play with it without any disturbance. The gooey and smooth texture of slime feels like heaven and relieves my stress instantly. If you’re experiencing chronic stress and undergoing therapy then a little bit of slime activity every day can really help you to recover fast. Chronic stress does a lot of damage to our bodies. Let’s read how chronic stress affects our body in the next section.
How Chronic Stress Affect Everyday Life and Use of Slime Therapy?
Our physical health and mental health are correlated with each other. This is why, whenever our body experiences stress it affects our mental and physical health. If someone experiences chronic stress, they might have serious problems. Chronic stress is that devil which disrupts each and every system from your body, from the reproduction system to the immune system. Later, it also results in an increased risk of stroke and heart attack.
Moreover, chronic stress imbalances the wiring of the brain which results in depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues. If you or your loved one think that you might be experiencing chronic stress.
Below are some common signs and symptoms to look for:
- Issues in memorizing and concentrating
- Constant worrying
- Anxiety and depression
- Anger and irritation
- Rapid heart rate
- Low sex drive
- Negative thinking
- Poor sleeping and eating habits
- Lack of judgment
- Despaired cognitive abilities
Slime: Relieves Stress Instantly
Let’s keep it simple, understand like slime is stress-relieving today. It might look simple but can be used as a really effective activity that provides relaxation instantly. When it comes to unwinding the stress and anxiety, slimes are one of the very popular toys. You can easily get your slime from a nearby store or can also order it from Amazon. There are many types of slime and the best part is you can also modify the slime according to you.
You can also try these 20+ art therapy activities for instant stress relief.
Benefits of Slime as a Stress Reducer
The aim of slime is to relieve stressors from our minds and calm our nerves in return. All you have to do is to hold them in your hand, feel the softness and coolness, and gently squeeze it until and unless your body is unwind fully with tension and stress. Below are some scientific facts why slime is used as a stress-reliever toy?
1. Whenever you tighten up your wrist muscles and hand and squeezes, it results in the relaxation of the muscles. And, when you do this, again and again, it releases tension from the body. The gooey texture of the slime brings back the calmness.
2. By squeezing the slime, your nerves are stimulated and they are connected with the limbic region of your brain. The limbic region of our brain is connected with emotions and whenever we stimulate these connected nerves, it makes us calm and relaxed.
3. Whenever we put slime in our hands, the texture and the color make us feel good. And when you use it as a stress-relieving toy, it changes our focus and makes us stop thinking about the stress and negative thoughts. Indeed, slime toys work exactly as meditation does to our body.
4. Whenever we manipulate slime, our brain is stimulated and it results in the release of endorphins. In simple language, endorphins are pain relievers or natural sedatives which improve our mood.
And, the advantage of having a slime toy is that you can take your slime toy anywhere like work, school, college, car, flights, anywhere! They are easy to carry. It helps us in remaining calm and increases our attention and concentration. They can also be used for doing joints and muscle exercises.
I hope this blog encourages you to bring slime therapy into your life as a stress-relieving toy. If you still feel chronic stress then consider booking an appointment with a certified mental health professional before this issue grows into something major. To connect with a certified mental health counselor from BetterHelp, click here.
For more such content, follow Calm Sage on all social media platforms. Comment down your favorite color and modifications in slime and let’s connect with each other!
Thanks for reading!
Sending positive vibes to you!