60+ Positive Phrases To Encourage Your Child | Because Your Words Matter
If you ever ask me about the world’s most difficult yet the most beautiful job my answer will always remain the same- Parenting! Beautiful because you are coloring a blank canvas, giving life to it. With the ways you grow them you shape their personality, feelings, behavior, and thoughts! Above all, you create a magical and strong bond together that nourishes both you and your child!
Difficult as there is no rulebook or a guideline to follow for perfect and positive parenting! That is what makes parenting a trial and error job! While no parenting is similar, certain tools can reduce these errors or at least control their occurrences!
One such tool that I believe works nothing less than magic is- Using Positive Phrases For Your Child. It aids in uplifting them, shaping them, building their confidence, and building your bond with them. So I have picked 60+ positive phrases to encourage your child and be by their side!
Why Use Positive Phrases to Encourage Your Child
Before sharing the list of encouraging things to say to your child let us understand why you need it in the first place!
If you read the title of this blog it says, Your Words Matter! Good or bad, positive or negative, motivating or demotivating, everything you say to your child, influences the way they think, feel, act, and grow their viewpoint about self and others.
This means that your words make a huge difference in how they perceive themselves and those around (which includes you). That is why it is advised that you use positive phrases to encourage your child, lift his spirits, and radiate positivity in their life. Multiple pieces of research have shown that families that make use of such positive phrases to encourage their child benefit the child by motivating them and offering them a safe space to be themselves.
Positive Phrases to Encourage Your Child
As a parent, you might be already using different encouraging words for your child but often you might find yourself running short on these phrases.
Positive phrases like- “That is so good” “Amazing” “Great work” and more do help but on days when they feel low, commit mistakes, show a skill, or are just experiencing growing up blues you might have to go an extra mile!
To help you with the same we’re sharing this list of encouraging words to tell your child with you. I have seen it helping many (at least in my house), I hope it will make a difference to your life as well!
List of Positive Phrases to Tell your Child:
- I love spending time with you.
- Thank you for contributing to our family.
- I am proud of you.
- You make me smile.
- You are a blessing.
- You make a difference in my life.
- You are learning. Amazing!
- I believe you, honey.
- You are capable.
- You are growing.
- I believe in you.
- I have full faith in you.
- You are deserving.
- I am glad you are here.
- My world is better with you in it.
- You are valuable.
- You are imperfect. So am I. Perfection is just a myth.
- You make me smile.
- I am ready to listen.
- I am happy to talk with you.
- You are beautiful.
- You can ask for help.
- You are strong.
- You make a difference.
- You can say no.
- Your choices matter.
- When you make a mistake you are still beautiful and loved.
- You are loved.
- I will do my best to keep you safe.
- You’ve made me think of things in a completely new way.
- Your ideas are interesting.
- Thanks for helping me.
- It is fun doing things with you.
- I am so proud of you.
- Don’t give up! Start what you finish and enjoy the process.
- Challenges make you stronger.
- You don’t always need to win.
- It is okay to feel sad or scared or angry.
- You are more than what you feel.
- Never stop having fun in life.
- What you are feeling is completely normal.
- Enjoy the moment.
- You don’t have to follow the crowd.
- Thank you for being so kind.
- You are so thoughtful, it amazes me.
- This not the end, but the beginning.
- The sun will come out tomorrow.
- Your ideas just blow my mind.
- I love your sense of skepticism.
- Hey, you did it!
- Look how far you have come.
- You did it all by yourself! Amazing!
- Thank you for cooperating.
- I like the way you handled that situation.
- I appreciate how you put yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- Be honest, even if you mess up! I am by your side.
- You don’t have to like what someone is saying to treat them with respect
- Someone else’s poor behavior is not an excuse for yours.
- You are powerful.
- I will love you no matter what.
- I love you!
- Follow your heart.
- You can tell me anything.
- There is only you, so be yourself.
Remember your encouraging words that you say your child can influence them in unknown ways. So no matter what, keep communicating with them and encouraging them with a dose of positive phrases each day!
Are you using any specific encouraging words for your child? Do share it with us in the comments section and help other parents too!