45 Ways to Cheer Someone Up When Feeling Sad
Me being an introvert personality, I really do not know how to cheer up someone feeling sad. In the beginning, it was really tough to change the personality. Since I cannot see someone sad. So, I learned how to cheer up someone when they are sad. I learned that there are various molecules in the brain that responds differently to positive emotions. We refer to those molecules as happy hormones such as dopamine, endorphin, serotonin, endocannabinoid, oxytocin, and GABA.
In this blog, I have enlisted the top 45 ways to release happy hormones to cheer up someone when feeling sad. You can try these ways on your family member, partner, friend, coworker, or anyone you wish to make happy. Let’s get started.
45 Ways to Cheer Up Someone:
1. Take them on a nature walk and enjoy the serene view of nature.
2. Take them out for a yoga or meditation session.
3. Try to use words like joy and fun. Or else you can tell them some jokes as well (make sure you do not use PJ’s).
4. If they are a music lover, take them for a long ride and play their favorite music.
5. If they are a foodie, cook something for them. Do not forget to make use of chocolate as it helps to release serotonin.
6. Order a pizza, the best thing to do.
7. You can have dark chocolate delivered to the workplace or home.
8. Make them a fresh juice of their favorite fruit.
9. Take them on a beach or in a garden with barefoot.
11. Skip the fats and carbs and opt for something healthy.
12. Take them to play outdoor games like football or basketball.
13. Challenge them in puzzles or riddles.
14. Help them in creating a gratitude sandwich. Create a Gratitude Sandwich (Step-by-Step Guide)
15. Help them in cleaning and sorting stuff at home or workplace.
16. Gift a happy plant to them.
18. Take them to the place, they discussed with you.
19. Gift them their favorite flowers. If you are wondering which flower to deliver according to their personality.
20. Take them to dance classes or any hobby classes.
21. Challenge them to hit the yoga mat and initiate a healthy competition for a mood boost.
22. Ask them to draw positive feelings on a piece of paper and meditate.
23. Create a cozy warm space for them and ask them to take proper rest.
24. Message them a thoughtful text or share some meditational links. Watch: Feel Mindful with this mini-meditation.
25. Give them a big hug because a big hug releases oxytocin.
26. Give them a furry dose… take them to a dog café or lend them your dog or cat for a day.
27. If they love balloons, fill the house with balloons.
28. Play a secret notes game with them.
29. Avoid digital devices and read a book for them.
30. Take them out and volunteer for a charity.
31. Do not remain silent, keep asking them questions. Let the feelings get out of their head.
32. While talking avoid sympathy and follow empathy.
33. Practice kindness and spend the day with them.
34. Pampering is also not bad for a day… take themfor aromatherapy or give them a small massage.
35. Make them a cup of hot chocolate because the intake of chocolate releases happy hormones.
36. Binge on those funny videos and clips you have bookmarked.
37. You can also take them on a roller coaster ride for adrenaline and endorphin rush.
38. Throw a little party for them or plan a candlelightdinner with scented candles.
39. Ask them to take 10 deep breathes. Follow the theory of inhaling positive vibes and exhaling negative vibes.
40. Make a punchingbag for them or create a space wherein they can release negative emotions.
41. You can also opt for some spicy food or starters as spicy food activatespain sensory organs and release endorphins.
42. Open YouTube and play any comedy show.
43. Fake a laugh. Opt for laughter therapy.
44. Ask them to have an aroma shower and use essential oils(PS: My personal favorite is lavender oil).
45. Take the help of some positive affirmations.I hope this blog helps you to cheer someone up when feeling sad. Comment down and let us know which way you are going to use when someone is feeling sad.For more such ideas and inspirational reads, follow Calm Sage on all social media platforms.
You May Like These Also: