How to Jump to Positive Side of BreakUps?
Breakups can be hard, very hard and whenever we think of it, we usually imagine a dark and gloomy picture that consists of sadness, isolation, stress, memories, etc. Almost everyone has been separated by a beloved one at some point or another. So it’s not a regional phenomenon and happens all over the world. How to deal with it? It is totally up to you. It is you who will decide how deep you want to swim in the sea of sorrows or swim back to the shore of happiness and contentment.
Getting down and sad is natural and necessary after such an incident. It helps one understand a lot of things and aspects of the condition he or she is in. It also helps in broadening the perception. Whenever I think about growing from pain, my favorite quote from the famous anime series, Naruto Shippuden, comes to my mind.
“Sometimes, you must hurt in order to know,
Fall, in order to grow,
Lose, in order to gain,
Because the greatest lessons in life
Are learned through PAIN.”
If you let it take over and no do nothing about it, then you will fall deep into depression and will start to think that everything in this world is wrong, only with you. Think about a nuclear weapon dropped on a city. Millions will die and millions will suffer for a long time. It is totally up to the government and people to either continue mourning about it for centuries and play the blame game or understand the pain, work hard and rebuild the city again, stronger and developed.
Image Source: LAtimes
Breakup With a Loved One
It’s all about Psychology
In an article I wrote a while ago, I started with a quote from Bruce Lee about how one will suffer if he or she will have an emotional reaction to every outside situation.
Through it was not based on breakups but can be well applied here. The goal is to stay calm and mindful until you process out all the emotions that are invested in the situation you are in. If you fail to give this space to yourself, then you may not be able to get out of it for a long time.
Taking the Jump to the Positive Side?
Now before you read further, I want you to take some deep breaths, calm yourself down, and read ahead with an open mind and heart. It may be possible that you just went through something horrific that you wouldn’t want it even on your enemy. So if you are feeling a bit teary or tightness in your chest, then stop. Take a break and then come back. It took me years before I could come out of the depression phase and I exactly know how one feels.
If you aren’t feeling teary and are ready to keep an open mind through the rest of the article, read on. So, what you need to first understand is,
- Everything that happens in life may or may not be fair. No one signed an agreement with you stating that it would be a joyful ride. No! You just need to accept things as they are and also that you have very little control over what people think or believe.
- You can do less about situations that are out of control and everything about yourself. Including your behavior, reaction, perception, emotions, etc.
- Inculcate self-respect. This is quite important. We get attached to our loved one so much, that after the breakup we are not even able to imagine our lives without them.
- Health is wealth. Keep that in mind. People in depression often submit to alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and substance abuse which leads to many diseases, either physical or mental, or both.
- Jumping from one relationship to another will only increase the pain as you won’t have time to process your emotions and may start to bottle them up. Build yourself, give yourself time. You will meet the person who will be compatible with you and with whom you will be comfortable.
- Learn to be happy with yourself. Every one of us comes alone in this world(except twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc.) and then we learn to live socially and forget to live alone and with self. This lockdown due to COVID-19 is a great time to reflect and get to know yourself.
So these were some of the points on how one can jump to the positive side after breaking up with someone you love, that I wanted to share with you. Most of these points can be used to live happily and content life. Love is a beautiful thing and everyone should be grateful for each person that we adore in our life. It intensifies our love and bond.
I hope it helped.
Thanks for reading.
You May Like These Also: