50+ Self-reflection Journaling Prompts| Time to Introspect Your Inner Self
Do you ever wish to look inside of yourself?
Then why not practice self-reflection journaling?
Writing down your thoughts and self-reflection are found to be closely related (even research supports this notion). When you pen down your feelings you closely reflect on your thoughts. But often we don’t know where and how we can begin this journey from. To help you with the same we are providing you with self-reflection journaling prompts. So grab a pen and a journal and start connecting with your inner self.
How to get started with your self-reflection journaling?
1. Take out Me-time:
You need to take out peaceful time for yourself and for your journaling. Find yourself a comfortable place and sit there with a calm mind to start your healing journey.
2. Keep A Notebook or Journal Aside:
To begin your journey of self-reflection and to start writing the answers to the prompt you need to have a notebook or journal by your side. You can pick a plain or go for the decorated ones.
3. Get your hands on Stationary:
Good pens and a smooth and enjoyable writing process are closely related. So make sure that your pen is smooth. If you want you can use multiple colors to go for it!
Here is a list of 50+ Self-reflection journaling prompts:
Discover Your Inner Self
- When do you feel happiest in your skin?
- What do you love the most about yourself?
- What makes you feel most energized?
- What 10 words describe yourself the best?
- Do you like who you have become?
- What are your core strengths?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- What makes you feel powerful?
- What makes you feel in control?
- What makes you feel calm and content?
- How do you remind yourself that you are enough?
- What makes you unique?
Tap On Your Emotions
- What excites you the most?
- What has caused you happiness and joy this week?
- On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with your current life?
- When you feel low in your life, how do you cheer yourself up?
- What do you need to forgive yourself for?
- What has been your stress level like lately?
Know Your Health & Wellbeing
- What frustrates you the most?
- What are you grateful for right now?
- What inspires you the most?
- When was the last time that you cried or had an angry outburst?
Reflect Through Your Past
- What challenges have you overcome in your life?
- What is the one thing that you want to go back in time and change?
- What is your favorite memory?
- What will that one message or letter that you wish to give to your childhood self?
- Pick three photos from your past and write how you felt at that given point of time.
- Write a letter to your teenage self.
Check On Your Daily Activities
- Your favorite way to spend the day is?
- What are the things that made you smile today?
- List things that you love about your day.
- How often do you practice self-care?
- What’s your favorite self-care activity?
- How productive are you daily?
Keep A Track Of Your Personal Growth
- If you could have a superpower what would it be?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- What will your childhood version love about your current self?
- What is the best compliment that you received?
- How would you like a stranger to describe you?
- What is the most unique thing about you?
Look Into Your Relationships
- When was the last time you helped someone? What did you do?
- Make a list of people who have influenced you in your life.
- How will someone closest to you describe you?
- Who means the world to you? Write them a letter.
Know Your Goals
- Describe your ideal or future self.
- If you win a lottery today (a big one) where would you invest it?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Which dream of yours do you wish to come true?
- Are you really happy where you are placed in your life?
- Make a list of priorities for this week.
- Make a bucket list of yours.
Other Important Things To Reflect On
- What are the things you’d like to say no to?
- What are the things that you’d like to say yes to?
- What is the one thing that you want to change in your life?
- What is your most treasured possession and why?
- Think of the happiest moment in your life and reflect on it.
I hope these prompts will help you in your self-reflection journaling. You can also share your favorite self-reflection journaling prompt from the list or create one on your own and drop in the comments section.
Happy and writing and reflecting on you!