Feeling Irritated? 8 Ways to Stop Being Irritated

,
Ways to stop being irritated

“I am irritated” is that phase of the day or the week or the month when I feel irritated for no reason. So, I started researching this topic and I found that if you do not take care of your irritation, you are close to getting bigger problems in your life probably, mental health conditions. Sometimes, “being irritated for no reason” forces us to say things which we never meant to say, and later it creates issues in our professional and personal life. Therefore, it is really important to address this issue before it takes the face of a devil.

Talking about irritation, it’s the part of human nature however, when excessively irritated it causes issues. In this blog, I have covered effective ways to stop being irritable. So, let’s get started.

Ways to Stop Getting Irritated

1. Acknowledge Your Issues

Acknowledge your issues

As per Pareto’s analysis, if you solve 20% of the major problems, the rest 80% will eventually be solved. Acknowledging your issues can also help you in the same way.

Whenever someone says, “you’re too grumpy.” Do not shout, take a deep breath and acknowledge your irritation. When I say acknowledge your issues, you do not have to make an announcement publically. Just acknowledge it within yourself. You can also track your irritation level with the help of our mood-o-meter.

2. Look For The Solution

Once you have acknowledged your issues and irritation, it’s time to look for the solution instead of going into the darkness. With the help of the mood-o-meter, you can find the reason behind your irritation and probably you will find the solution too! For me, I found that I was always irritated because I had the symptoms of PCOD. Therefore, find your reason and work on it.

3. 5-4-3-2-1…Breath In Slow

5-4-3-2-1…Breath in slow

Here’s a permanent solution for being calm all the time… breathe in and breathe out in the moment. Close your eyes and imagine sitting in a peaceful place with trees, birds, and water. You can also imagine something serene as per your choice. By doing this, your body will stop the flow of cortisol (a stress hormone).

You can also count… 5-4-3-2-1 and try inhaling slowly per the count, hold it for a second and then exhale slowly. Whenever you feel irritated for no reason, try this technique and see how instantly you will feel better.

4. Me-time

Spending “me-time” is my personal favorite way to control my anger and irritation. I am a married woman; I have responsibilities that I cannot deny…I think this is the major reason behind my unknown anger and irritation these days. Therefore, I take some time out and spend “me-time” to be on the track always. Do you also want to learn how I spend my “me-time”? Click here to learn how to spend “me time”?

5. Charge Up Yourself  With The Power of Mantras

Charge up yourself with the power of mantras

Mantra does not only help you to calm down but also helps with mindfulness, productivity, motivation, positivity, optimism, and inner peace. Therefore, say “Everything I need is within me and I choose to be happy”. Chant this mantra till you start feeling better. For more mantras like this, read:

6. Take The Help of Chewing Gum

Chewing gum is the temporary and instant way to stop being irritated. Research shows that people who chew gum while feeling anxious are better at controlling their stress levels.

7. Reframe Negativity into Positivity

Reframe negativity into positivity

Next time, whenever you see yourself dwelling into the darkness of anger and irritation, try to reframe the negativity into positivity. Try sticking to the facts rather than focusing on emotions and judgments. Read, how to reframe negativity into positivity.

8. Ask for Support

Remember, asking for support is not a sign of weakness. And, whenever you or your loved one feels irritated for no reason continuously, ask for professional support without any second thought. You can also look for help online, to connect with a certified mental health provider, click here.

Visit BetterHelp

I hope this blog helps you to stop being irritated for no reason. Comment down and let us know which way you’re going to apply. For more such content, follow Calm Sage on social media platforms.

Thanks for reading!

More power to you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *