Teen Therapy Guide: 8 Signs Your Teenage Child Needs Therapy
I personally think that every teen has struggled with school issues to Mood swings. Before, you conclude that teen’s problems are the same for everyone and it’s kind of normal. You might be wrong here! Reasons behind the distress of every teen may lead to severe symptoms if not counseled or treated properly.
The fact is that therapy is not limited to major issues. Therapy also helps teens getting back on the right track. Basically, teen counseling or teen therapy prevents teen issues from growing into major issues. This blog consists of signs your teen may need therapy. So, let’s get started.
8 Signs your Teen needs a Therapy
Does your teen also show self-destructive behavioral symptoms like:
- No pain at all
- Substance use
- Under excessive risk
If your teen shows such symptoms, Calm Sage strongly recommends looking for a counselor or a mental health practitioner.
2.Suicidal behavior or thoughts
To check if your teen is experiencing suicidal behavior or thoughts observe:
- If your teen is obsessed with self-harm or not
- Are they think about hurting themselves or someone
- Do they look paranoid or lost all the time
If your teen is experiencing above mentioned signs, Calm Sage strongly recommends calling for help ASAP.
If you’re not clear with the symptoms or signs, you can always seek the help of a professional counselor for teen therapy. It is always helpful to seek professional advice when such incidences are going around.
3.Drastic change in sleeping pattern
Check these below signs to check if your teen is having proper sleep or not:
- Are they sleeping less or more
- Always in a need of a nap
- Sleeping or lying on the bed all the time
4.Constantly worried expressions
Check these below signs to observe if your teen is experiencing constantly worried or not:
- Stopped doing things which they used to enjoy once
- Always worried about grades and performance
- Mood swings
5.Constant Irritation and anger
Check these signs to check if your teen is experiencing irritation or anger:
- Is your teen always angry
- Is your teen quickly irritable
- Is the mood swings responsible for their improper functioning and performance at school or college
- Are they at risk of self-harm due to constant mood swings or irritability
6.Less or excessive social connections
Check these signs if your teen is having a constant change of friends:
- Is your teen constantly changing friends or their social connections
- Have they stopped meeting their best friends
- Are they avoiding social meets
- Are they angry about something related to friends
- Constantly hanging out with new friends
- Avoiding friends or no friends
7.School or college issues
Check these below signs to see if your teen is having school, college, or community issues:
- Changes in school performance
- Changes in behavior and thoughts related to school or college
- Decrease in grades
- Mood swings
- Miserable feeling
- Trouble in communicating their needs
- Trying to avoid school or college
It takes a little bit of hard work to find out if your teen is going through bullying or not, check these signs:
- Spending too much time on social media
- Avoiding social activities
- Less communication about it
- Trying to change the topic around social media
Take away from Author
These signs or symptoms may look normal to you, but these signs have a major impact on mental health and the future. I personally suggest looking for a teen counselor, if you find your kid struggling with all these issues.
Therapy is for everyone, it helps people get back on the right track. Therefore, if your kid is experiencing such issues, book an appointment with the Teen Counselor to get the right diagnosis and help. You can also opt for an online therapy system for kids and teens due to pandemic.
I hope this blog helps you to understand why your teen may need therapy. For more such content, follow Calm Sage on all social media platforms.
Thanks for reading!
You may like These Also: